Sunday, May 14, 2017
Sometimes you can't fit any more of these on your jean jacket. And sometimes they pop off your backpack. So. An easy felt banner to hold your leftover pins!
~0.25 yd of felt, masking tape, rotary scissors, needle & thread, a dowel (or a collection of bamboo skewers), cutting mat & guide/ruler.
- Use 45-degree lines on cutting mat to place masking tape at 45 degree angle of felt corner.
- Flip the cutting mat around and place another piece of tape at 45-degrees from the corner.
- Use rotary cutter & acrlyic guide to cut along the masking tape line.
- Repeat 45-degree cut along other masking tape.
- Remove tape and excess felt.
- Trim felt to ideal height + 1.5".
- Fold over top 1.5" and sew across.
- Stick a dowel through the hole created in previous step. Add pins/whatever.
- Tie some string around the ends of the dowel and hang. Done!